I always check through again the resume before recruitment/ vendor side pass to me for 2nd level screening.
Remember last time when i going out for interview ,a few interviewer actually asking me what is my roles and sometime even the Job description is different with what i'm doing now , headhunter still propose my resume to the hiring manager.
Instead of wasting other people time and also our own time to get a best candidate, Should those hiring manager start to do something first ?
Here is the checklist i will have
1) Read through candidate resume
2) Identify keyword which match on the JD we wanted .
Keyword such as
- Year of related experience
- knowledge and skillset
- Length of working in each company
- Any extra skill they have so that we can ask them in detail during screening
Although it sound basic ,remember when i need to schedule to interview 3 DBA with 3 hour free slot from my calendar continuous which liking to happen once a year , i believe it is worth to take extra step to make sure. And also not to mention it will help to build up our company imaging