Rate<1-5> <1 poor , 5 best in town>
Malaysia Greatest & Biggest Food & Beverage Community
- 40 Best places to eat!
1.CHOW KOAY TIEW - Jalan Imbi : the corner restaurant which is on the
same row with Sakura, and opposite of Honda Kah Motor. --- Rate <2>
2. WANTAN MEE/KARI MEE - End of old Subang airport road, in the Subang
New Village Town Centre.
3. TAPIOCA NOODLES& VEGETABLES - Old Klang Road : a shack which is
nestled behind a chinese primary school, after the market and the post
office??(which would be on your left).
4. KARI MEE (LEMAK) - SS1, PJ : Alisan Restaurant (2nd shop from
corner), facing the Lorenzo Furniture Shop.
5. ROAST DUCK RICE - Seapark : Sunrise Coffee Shop
6. PRAWN MEE/KARIMEE/CHEE CHEONG FUN - Seapark: Coffee Shop near old
7. CHICKEN RICE - Seapark: Coffee Shop opposite Seapark Market, run by
2 ladies whose husbands have since died.
8. FISH HEAD BEE HOON - Jln Gasing, PJ. Seng Kee Restaurant, in row of
shops behind Lotus Restaurant.
9. MISCELLANEOUS - SS24 Tmn Megah: take the LDP and exit left after
the Kelana Jaya LRT Station (towards "SS24) hawker centre with over 70
hawker stalls (!!) allserving different dishes, no duplicates (!!),
which boast the best of each kind in town (!!) not too difficult to
10. YONG TAU FU - Ampang New Town/Ampang Village (there are 3 shops,
so have your pick) Rate <2> ,
10. Yong Tau Fu .The best should be near segamut roundabout at Jln Ipoh. Rate<5>
11. PAN MEE - Along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman behind Kah Motors. Rate <3>
11. Pan Mee - Taiwan Concept near Prima Setapak , Damansara Perdana .Shopname is 'Mee Face Mee'
12. HOKKIEN MEE - Petaling Street opposite Hong Leong Bank
13. CHAR SIEW RICE - Jalan Tung Shin . Rate <5>
14. NASI KANDAR - Kayu Nasi Kandar Restaurant in Taipan, Subang with a
branch in SS2 a coffee shop formerly known as Cheow Yang
15. Teh Tarak & roti - Taman Desa next to the water tank
16. If money is not an issue - Madam Kwan (Nasi Lemak & curry fish head)Rate <3>
17. Little Penang (chow Koay Tiew & Prawn mee)
18. Bak kut teh - Jalan Imbi behind Hong Leong bank
19. Satay - Naan Corner in Ampang, in between International School and
RSPCA, called Nur Satay.
20. Banana Leaf - Kannas in SS2, behind Lisa De Inn hotel.
21. Nasi Lemak - Suzi corner, next to Ampang city (used to be called Kerris).
22. Won Ton Mien/Char Siew - Jln Sungai Besi; on the way to PLUS. Only
open at 7pm-2am, a car repair shop by day.
23. Beef Brisket noodles - Tengkat Tong Shin; runs parallel to Jalan
Alor.Stall near the beginning of the road. Open at night till late.
24. Char Siew/Chicken rice - Tengkat Tong Shin; further up the road.
Old prewar shop house. This has to be the drop dead unhealthiest piece
of anything you can insert in your mouth in KL? but to die for.
Chicken is strictly as filler to make sure you don't get a heart
attack overdosing on??char siew.
25. Fish balls - Tengkat Tong Shin; a little further up the road from
char siew. Stall inside a coffee shop. This guy is good, look at the
amount of people he employs to help out!
26. Hokkien mee (KL style -thick, black, yummy (sounds kinky) Petaling
Street; at the intersection opposite Hong Leong Bank. Full of porcine
goodness. Still the gold standard of Hokkien mee.
27. Seafood noodles - Segambut; near Auto Bavaria. A big bowl full of
noodles and assorted mussels, prawns, cuttlefish, fish etc. for
reasonable price. Pick of soup, clear, tom yam, curry. Forget the
rest, or for the curry. Soya bean with cincau not bad. Avoid on Sunday
mornings.You will wait for an hour. Fried Chicken Rice (only on Weds
and Sat)!! There is a branch now open in SS2 Chow Yang, called
Restoran Yu Ai with yellow sign board, just a few doors away from Kayu
28. Ploughman's Lunch - Finnegan's Seri Hartamas. A big plate filled
with a pot of pate, slices of ham, pickle, onion, chunks of cheese, a
slab of butter, 4 hunks of bread. If you are EXTREMELY hungry, this
one's for you.
29. Chef's salad - Flagz; behind Souled Out. This salad is as all
salads should be - crunchy FRESH veggies, and the dressing is to die
for. Easily the best salad in town. And I don't even like salad. Beer
is the freshest in town too, great bite.
30. Hokkien Mee (Penang style otherwise known as Prawn noodles)
Champ's; Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru. Standard gone down somewhat
recently, but still head and shoulders above all others in KL. You'll
have to go to Penang to beat this.
31. Char Kway Teow - Bukit Damansara (which offer penang style white
kway teow); behind Hock Lee supermarket, next to Shell (torn down
years ago) – now it's open air car park, This is Jln Batai area.
Corner stall inside coffee shop. Best in KL. The fellow has been
frying for longer than I can recall, and he is so good that you may
have to wait up to 45 minutes during lunchtime. Doesn't use too much
oil almost perfect. As above, you'll have to go to Penang to beat
this. Other stalls in the same shop not bad.
32. Chicken rice - Jalan Gasing; very close to the Federal Highway,
same row as Southern Bank 2 shops one in the middle, one in the
corner. Can't decide which is superior, but both are very good. Middle
one has Ipoh taugeh.
33. Bak Kut Teh Klang, just about anywhere. Hokkien Association off
the main highway leading to the heart of Klang is a good place to
start for beginners.
34. Dim Sum - Marriott Hotel. Chinese restaurant here serves northern
China style dim sum. Easily best dim sum in town. A little pricey.
35. Fish head off Jalan Sungai Besi; just past Won Ton Mien, turn left
right after BP. Three shops clumped together. All look dilapidated but
don't worry. Don't know what type of fish they get their heads from,
but I suspect fresh water fish. Hot sauce fish head to die for.
Extremely reasonable rices.
36. Bak Kut Teh Segambut; go past Auto Bavaria, follow road all the
way until you see a Chinese temple on your left. Enter the temple
courtyard and you will see a tin shack where they serve bak kut teh.
Not quite up there with Klang, but nothing to sneeze at. Go for yam
rice rather than white rice. Fried Chicken Rice (only on Weds and
37. Nasi Kandar/Kerabu/Laut Taman Tun; the other end of Secret Recipe
in a store on the same block, usually with a van outside. Truly
Kelantanese style. Only in the morning though.
38. Seafood - Pulau Carey; get to Jalan Banting and follow signs to
Pulau Carey. Place called Kang Guan, just before the actual bridge
onto the island. Cheap!
39. Nasi Lemak TangLin at Lake Gardens, near the Clinic/ Hospital.
Only open when government depts open.
40. Chicken rice - Bing Restaurant in Sri Rampai. Wait till you drop
to eat the chicken rice. Worth it.
All this review is my personal comment which i go and try it before.